Why should I use a public adjuster – can’t I do this on my own?
Pursuing a property claim with your insurance company requires a variety of skills, an understanding of insurance contract language and excellent negotiating skills. A public adjuster is a trained professional who has the necessary skills and experience to process your claim and obtain the maximum settlement possible from your carrier. This process takes an enormous amount of time and resources. Remember, an insurance company will have their own adjuster involved. They will not be on your side. The Florida Legislature’s Office of Program Policy Analysis and Government Accountability (OPPAGA) conducted a study which confirmed public adjuster involvement results in a higher settlement for the insured.

What exactly is a public adjuster and how do I know if they are qualified?
A public adjuster is a skilled and highly trained property insurance expert that is licensed to represent the policyholder. As an expert in property damage, the adjuster can determine the true extent of your casualty, the estimated cost of repairs and replacement and file the appropriate and complete paperwork with the insurance company. A public adjuster is trained to obtain the maximum settlement that you are entitled to under the terms of your policy. In the State of Florida, a public adjuster must be certified and bonded by the State.  Always confirm that your public adjuster has a valid license.

My claim was already denied. Can I reopen my case?
Florida State Law is clear; if your insurance company has denied your claim, you have up to five (5) years after the date of the property damage to re-open your claim. In the event you have received a payment that was not to your satisfaction, the same five (5) year rule applies. Castle Consulting Group can review your claim and determine the necessary steps to pursue a settlement.

Who pays the public adjuster’s fees?
If you receive a settlement or an increased settlement from an insurance company, the public adjuster receives a small portion of the settlement amount paid by the insurance company. The Florida Department of Financial Services (DFS) closely regulates the fees that can be paid to a public adjuster. If a public adjuster is unsuccessful in getting a claim paid, the public adjuster will not receive a fee.

Can my insurance company cancel my policy if I hire a public adjuster to represent me for a claim?
It is against the law for your insurance company to terminate your policy or refuse to pay your claim if you hire a public adjuster to handle your case.